Monday, January 4, 2010

The Furrier, the Better ... by Pickles

Ok, I have mentioned earlier that my condition has improved over the last one year. Besides getting to sleep in airconditioned room almost every night, and diligent cleaning by my human pets, getting to eat real food made a significant difference. I mean, no matter how good commercial dog food is, it is still, commercial. I.e., the food is highly processed, with a lot of chemicals, and preservatives added into it. Some of the brands even have poor sources of meats, or no real meat at all. As humans, you do not always eat food that has enough preservatives to last it for a year. It is an additional burden to the digestive system and to the liver and kidneys to get rid of all the chemicals and toxins in the body.

My paws and neck area were entirely bald, and the skin has developed to a thick growth, which is hard and dry. Everyday my human pets come home to see the floor littered with fallen black skin bits that I scratch off, with the occasional red sticky substance oozing out from my skin.


Right Paw - Previous


Left Paw - Previous.  Note the tissue on the background, stained with blood. The whole paw would bleed from time to time.



Today, I am much better, with the occasional breakout especially during rainy season but I definitely can stride out of the house with much more decent paws now. Who says middle aged women cant look good??


Right Paw - Current.















Left Paw - Current

No comments:

Post a Comment